achris854
2017-06-26T11:51:00Z
Dear Sir,
I'm trying to load the email attachments through my database but I can't. Are there any tips for loading my email attachments without saving them in an external location?

Also I would like to ask if there's any way to click on an email from my database and open-load the outlook application with the details of that specific email.

Thank you
Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Administrator
2017-06-26T12:06:00Z
"I'm trying to load the email attachments through my database but I can't. Are there any tips for loading my email attachments without saving them in an external location?"
GeniusConnect can load attachmets directly from your db if they stored in blob column (Binary Large Object), it is not prescribed to store them in an external location

"Also I would like to ask if there's any way to click on an email from my database and open-load the outlook application with the details of that specific email."
No, it is not possible to click on a record in your DB and open it in Outlook. GeniusConnect synchronizes Outlook data to/from your DB.
Administrator
2017-06-26T12:08:00Z
you will have to describe your database so we can advice you how to load the data to Outlook
achris854
2017-06-26T12:32:00Z
Hello,

Thank you for your answer,
Genius Connect process gives me the message "Attachment nr is not linked to a database field. Can't process attachments!".
I'm trying to understand what is nr (maybe number), so which field is that and with which field has to connect?
Administrator
2017-06-26T12:38:00Z
Attachment number
MUST BE LINKED TO A TABLE COLUMN! Contains a number that uniquely identifies the attachment within its parent message.

Please see Help: (F1 button or Help button) there is detail description of every Outlook attachment column 
achris854
2017-06-26T15:20:00Z
I created one table column AttachmentNumbers in my database and I connected that with the Attachment number. But now it deletes my attachments when I try to open the emails. Also still not showing the attachments in my database.
Administrator
2017-06-26T15:33:00Z
What are the values in AttachmentNumbers column? is it any valid/real value ?
AttachmentNumber: Contains a number that uniquely identifies the attachment within its parent message.

Example:
mail has 2 attachments

Mail Record example:

MailID: 12345
MailSubject: subject
MailBody: somebody

Mail attachment records example:

Record 1:

parentMailID: 12345
AttachmentNr:0
Blob:xxxxx
etc..

Record 2:
parentMailID: 12345
AttachmentNr:1
Blob:yyyyyy
etc..

achris854
2017-06-27T08:34:00Z
Hello,

When I save the settings for the attachments, in the database are inserted new lines (under each record) where are being putted the attachments.
For Example I have:

Name, Surname, Email Subject, Email Descr, Sender, Received On,Attachment,AttachmentNumber
Record 1: ...., ..., ...., ......, ....., ........, NULL, NULL,
New line NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0

Record 2: ...., ..., ...., ......, ....., ........, NULL, NULL,
New line NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 0
New line NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 1

How can I fix this?
Thank you

achris854
2017-06-28T07:52:00Z
Can one Outlook folder connect with two tables through SQL database?
Administrator
2017-06-28T10:53:00Z
Hello,

One email can have multiple attachments, you should store the attachments in a child table

Example:
Table: Mail
Child Table: MailAttachment

Please see Help topic: Item attachments

Can one Outlook folder connect with two tables through SQL database?
https://support.geniusconnect.com/topics/14-