Administrator
  •  Admin
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2004-09-08T16:53:00Z
If Contact does not exists in the database, OutlookConnect executes the SQL statement (entered in Assign Table->Primay/Mandatory keys dialog) to generate new primary key.
For Example:
select max(OCS_ID) + 1 from CONTACTS
This will result in increasing numbers like:1,2,3 etc.

The result value will be inserted into the database, together with other linked fields.
The generated key will be also stored in special User Defined fields in Contact Item:OCMPRIMNAMES,OCMPRIMVALUES.

If the contact item has already this special fields, OutlookConnect will try to update existing record,
if the record does not exist, OutlookConnect will insert new record with the value from OCMPRIMVALUES, so if you copie contact items from different Contact folder that was also
using OutlookConnect, or if you manualy change the OCMPRIMVALUES, then it is possible to get gaps/wrong records in the database.

Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Witek, Gregory
2006-08-19T00:47:00Z
AHA!

This is probably what my problem is! I am getting lots of errors, duplicates, and other weird stuff when STOREing into a new clean Access table. I have in fact build a new Contacts Folder populating it with Contacts from a previously "messed up" Contacts Folder. How do I "reset" the OCMPRIMNAMES,OCMPRIMVALUES values and start from scratch?
Witek, Gregory
2006-08-19T01:15:00Z
Sorry for the double post - but I have searched and searched through the Outlook folder for ANY User Defined fields and find none defined to the Folder or the individual Contact records.

What am I missing here?
Administrator
  •  Admin
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2006-08-19T12:35:00Z
Hi,

the user-defined fields are on MAPI level, so invisible for Outlook users.
To delete user-defined fields:
Install latest beta:
http://www.geniusconnect...usConnect3-0-0-9BETA.zip 

And see help topic:
Clear primary key from Outlook items

Witek, Gregory
2006-08-19T14:31:00Z
OUTSTANDING! Thank you. Resolved my problem entirely.