osiadhail
2011-05-25T21:11:00Z
The Contacts field for journal items is causing problems for me. When a journal item is opened in an inspector, the contacts field shows the contact names as separated by semicolons, but when they are stored in the database with GeniusConnect, they are separated by commas in the database. Having a comma delimited string of contact names is not easy to work with. I cannot easily split the string on commas, since some contacts have commas in their names, e.g., "Bob Jones, Sr." I know this may be a limitation with Outlook, but is there any way to convert the comma delimiters (but not commas inside the names like ", Sr.") to semicolons? I would not ever need to have a semicolon in a contact's name, and so I could easily split the string into the individual contact names.

I'm using Outlook 2003 and GeniusConnect 5.0.0.4 Unicode 32 bit
Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Administrator
2011-05-25T22:29:00Z
Hello,

Are you linking the Contacts field in a Journal Folder?
osiadhail
2011-05-25T22:41:00Z
If I understand your question: I have linked the contacts field of outlook journal items to a field in my database with GeniusConnect.
Administrator
2011-05-25T22:46:00Z
Hello,

This is the default format we get from Outlook.
I will check if it is possible to get it in a different format
osiadhail
2011-05-25T23:22:00Z
Administrator
2011-05-26T12:16:00Z
Hello,

I was checking the return values on different versions of Outlook and it is returning Contact names separated by semicolon.

Can we have a remote session so we can check your Outlook version/settings?

Please send us an email to info at geniusconnect.com