maris, stefan
2007-03-28T12:51:00Z
Hi,

I'm syncing outlook appointment items from Exchange in one way to a database. I've had an appointment, originally set to 1 hour duration in Outlook. Later on this appointment was updated in Outlook to 2 hours.
But in my synced DB, I continuously get 1 hour for this appointment, even after clearing the entire DB and syncing again... When I export my items from Outlook, it tells me 2 hours for this appointment.

Could there be something that Exchange is keeping the orginal record and ads an updated record, and that GeniusConnect only reads the first record?

Regards

Stefan

stefan
Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Administrator
2007-03-28T13:30:00Z
This is strange.

Is it possible you have 2 appointmens with the same primary key?
Try the following:
-delete all DB records
-Remove all primary keys from the folder (see help topic: Clear primary key from Outlook items)
-Store All
maris, stefan
2007-03-28T17:31:00Z
Hi,

I'm getting closer to the problem (it's not solved yet)...

It's a recurring meeting, and the next week, the time is indeed 1 hour. Same subject....

So recurring meeting, duration 1 hour pre-planned. An instance of this meeting is updated, since on that day the meeting took 2 hours... Geniusconnect syncs the meeting as 1 hour....

Rings any bell on your side?

Tnx

Stefan

stefan
Administrator
2007-03-28T17:37:00Z
GeniusConnect has no support for exceptions on a recurring meetings.

See Limitations:
http://www.geniusconnect...les/GeniusConnect/2/3/2/ 
maris, stefan
2007-03-29T11:26:00Z
It's even getting worse... I notice that a recurring meeting is only synced as 1 instance in my DB... so for every day/week this meeting occurs, I still have only 1 single entry in the DB...Should I add some custom code to make sure that every item of the recurring meeting is synced?

Stefan

stefan
Administrator
2007-03-29T12:03:00Z
Hi,

recurring meeting is only one record in Outlook.
The RecurrencePattern Represents the recurrence attributes.
Storage format:Type,StartDate,StartTime,Interval,NoEndDate,Occurrences,Duration,Instance,EndDate,EndTime,DayOfMonth,MonthOfYear,Regenerate,DayOfWeekMask.

Please see Microsoft description:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa158762 (office.10).aspx

Administrator
2007-03-29T12:25:00Z
Please note:
these are Microsoft definitions, We can't change or redefine formats or values. Outlook will not accept any other values!

Microsoft definitions:

Type:
constant specifying the frequency of occurrences for the recurrence

OlRecurrenceType (
{
olRecursDaily = 0,
olRecursWeekly = 1,
olRecursMonthly = 2,
olRecursMonthNth = 3,
olRecursYearly = 5,
olRecursYearNth = 6
};

Interval:
number of units of a given recurrence type between occurrences. For example, setting the Interval property to 2 and the RecurrenceType property to Weekly would cause the pattern to occur every second week.

NoEndDate:
True if the recurrence pattern has no end date. (True or False)

Occurrences:
number of occurrences of the recurrence pattern. This property allows the definition of a recurrence pattern that is only valid for the specified number of subsequent occurrences. For example, you can set this property to 10 for a formal training course that will be held on the next ten Thursday evenings

Duration:
Number indicating the duration (in minutes) of recurrence pattern.

Instance:
Number specifying the count for which the recurrence pattern is valid for a given interval. This property is only valid for recurrences of the olRecursMonthNth and olRecursYearNth type and allows the definition of a recurrence pattern that is only valid for the Nth occurrence, such as "the 2nd Sunday in March" pattern. The count is set numerically: 1 for the first, 2 for the second, and so on through 5 for the last. Values greater than 5 will generate errors when the pattern is saved.

DayOfMonth:
number indicating the day of the month on which the recurring appointment or task occurs

MonthOfYear:
number indicating which month of the year is valid for the specified recurrence pattern. Can be a number from 1 through 12. For example, setting this property to 5 and the RecurrenceType property to olRecursYearly would cause this recurrence pattern to occur every May.

Regenerate:
True if the task should be regenerated following this pass through the recurrence pattern. This property is used to control the regeneration of the task as each occurrence of a recurring task is completed.

DayOfWeekMask:
constant representing the mask for the days of the week on which the recurring appointment or task occurs. Monthly and yearly patterns are only valid for a single day. Weekly patterns are only valid as the Or of the DayOfWeekMask.

OlDaysOfWeek
{
olSunday = 1,
olMonday = 2,
olTuesday = 4,
olWednesday = 8,
olThursday = 16,
olFriday = 32,
olSaturday = 64
};
maris, stefan
2007-03-29T12:35:00Z
So, if I got it right, Geniusconnect will also sync only one item... are you aware of anybody trying to circumvent this, or has a solution for this? An Excel export (via Outlook client itself) of the calender exports all seperate recurrent items...

Thanks,

Stefan

stefan
Administrator
2007-03-29T12:50:00Z
No, we don't have customers exporting recurring item as multiple records.

You can try to write a custom SQL stored procedure for Insert and Update (Folder Options->SQL Commands),
and based on the RecurrencePattern insert multiple records to your Database.

But it will be complex with all the exceptions. Also loading back (To Outlook)these records will result in multiple instances next to the recurring meeting, or you will have to create a filter (Assign Table->Filter rows)to avoid loading these records!