Schroll, Ron
2006-04-14T16:15:00Z
I have the latest version of GeniusConnect and am trying to use it to copy the records from an MS Exchange Custom Contact Folder through Outlook to a mySQL database. There are approximately 389 records in the folder.

The problem we are having is that when we perform a "Store All" the first 244-246 records insert/update the database without error. It then reports an offending record and disconnects from the database. The error message is of the type "Unknow Error: 0xF9B04005." I can then take the offending record and do a "Store Item" and it will file in the database with out error. A subsequent "Store All" will still error out near the same spot, but not necessarily the same record.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Administrator
2006-04-14T16:22:00Z
Hi,

Are you using custom forms?
Schroll, Ron
2006-04-14T16:23:00Z
Administrator
2006-04-14T18:03:00Z
Can you try the same configuration but without the custom form, I'm trying to determinate if the error is custom form related.
Schroll, Ron
2006-04-14T19:17:00Z
I copied the records into my personal "Contacts" folder without the user defined fields. All of the records updated a mySQL database without error. Looks like it is something with the custom form.

Administrator
2006-04-14T19:24:00Z
This will be difficult to solve, errors or permission problems with custom forms are very difficult to find.
You can try to unlink the user define fields, and start linking only one, then test the store all, then the second one, test store all etc...

This way you can hopefully detect the field causing the problem.

If it is not the custom field, it can be for example a custom-form, prohibiting creation of user-defined fields (GeniusConnect uses special user-defined fields to store primary key info in the Outlook item).

Microsoft Outlook is firing an exceptions/error without (any!) error description, this makes it difficult to detect the problem
Schroll, Ron
2006-04-14T19:39:00Z
I'll try to troubleshoot it in that manner. It looks like it may be a key problem because something else i've noticed with the original custom form was that after I run "Store All," and then do a "Store Item" to update one of the records such as the second record in the database, it updates fine. However if I do a "Store Item" for the first record in the database, it is not updating the first record but adding an additional record. In this case the original had records 0 throught 239. After the "Store Item" on the first record it added a 240th record.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to troubleshoot as you suggested!