erichc
2005-09-22T00:06:00Z
Notice in the attached screenshot that there are two fields which will not map because of the datatype mismatches between Outlooks "date" field for Anniversary and Birth dates. My database is a binary Excel spreadsheet. As a test, I even formatted the Anniversary and Birth date columns in the Excel file to "datetime" format and the conversion issue still happens. How do I get around this? What can I do with these columns?

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
GeniusConnect documentation search (User Manual Downloads...)
Administrator
2005-09-22T00:34:00Z
Hi,

please select the error row and click the "Conversion" button.
Enter the conversion format. (see also helpfile)

Example:
format:%d-%m-%Y
Result:22-09-2005

format:%d%m%Y
Result:22092005

erichc
2005-09-22T01:10:00Z
Well the Conversion button wasn't getting highlighted...I even tried Importing .ini files that had the conversion codes already in place but it still didn't work.

HOWEVER, I have fixed the problem. Basically my process is my company has an online contact management application. Our client wanted to be able to export those contacts into Outlook easily. Using ColdFusion (the app server), I create a CSV file dynamically when the client exports a set of contacts from their website. Through SQL DTS, I transform the CSV file into a binary XLS file. The DTS process actually lets me format the Anniversary and Birth date fields as "datetime" rather than "varchar" which solves my problem. It also solves the "file not in expected format" error OutlookConnect was giving me prior. Once the configuration of OutlookConnect has been performed (on the exported Excel file), exports and imports are done in a matter of 3 clicks...{phew!}

Anyway thanks for any help I've gotten here in the forums....
Administrator
2005-09-22T01:28:00Z
"Well the Conversion button wasn't getting highlighted..."
Sorry, this has to be a bug, we will check it and fix it in new version.
Administrator
2005-09-30T17:44:00Z
This problem has been fixed in GeniusConnect 3.0.0.0